What should I do if I've lost my mobile phone?
To report a lost or stolen mobile phone, or if you've found someone else's mobile phone, please call Solo Mobile at 1 877 999-SOLO (7656).
National List of Lost / Stolen devices
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, it can be added to a National list of lost or stolen mobile devices. Adding a device to this list will prevent it from being used on Solo Mobile’s network, and the networks of all other service providers in Canada.
If you recover your lost/stolen mobile device:
- Contact a Solo Mobile representative. We’ll ensure that your recovered device is removed from the list.
Note: We can remove a device from the list for you, only if you were the person that originally listed the device.
- Your device should regain access to Solo Mobile’s network within 24 hours. A request to remove your device from the national list will be made within 24 hours.
- If your device was reported lost or stolen and added to the list by another service provider, you must return to that service provider to have your device removed.
- Devices purchased from an unauthorized retailer or a private seller may be lost or stolen and may be added to the list. We recommend you purchase your device from an authorized retailer.
- A device with a tampered IMEI (the device’s unique International Mobile Equipment Identity number) risks having the tampered IMEI added to the list. Solo Mobile’s Terms of Service prohibits tampering with a device’s IMEI.
- The National List of lost or stolen devices is available for HSPA and LTE devices only.
Tips to reduce the risk of theft and make the information on your device more secure:
- Use the lock code or password feature on your device at all times
- Keep your phone secured and out of sight when not in use
- You can use apps for tracking and erasing your phone if lost or stolen
- Keep a record about your mobile phone in a safe place (phone number, make and model, color and appearance details, IMEI and PIN number)
Visit these pages for more information on: